Technical Program – The SAM Workshop is an important IEEE Signal Processing Society event dedicated to sensor array and multichannel signal processing. The organizing committee invites the international community to contribute with state-of-the-art developments in the field. SAM 2020 will feature plenary talks by leading researchers in the field as well as poster and oral sessions with presentations by the participants.
Research Areas – Authors are invited to submit contributions related (but not limited) to the following topics:
● Adaptive beamforming
● Array processing for biomedical applications
● Array processing for communications
● Array processing for radio astronomy
● Array processing for seismic monitoring
● Artificial intelligence in array processing
● Blind source separation and channel identification
● Computational and optimization techniques
● Compressive sensing and sparsity-based signal processing
● Detection and estimation Direction-of-arrival estimation
● Distributed and adaptive signal processing
● Intelligent systems and knowledge-based signal processing
● Microphone and loudspeaker array applications
● MIMO radar
● Multi-antenna systems: multiuser MIMO, massive MIMO and space-time coding
● Multi-channel imaging and hyperspectral processing
● Multi-sensor processing for smart grid and energy
● Non-Gaussian, nonlinear, and non-stationary models
● Performance evaluations with experimental data
● Radar and sonar array processing
● Sensor networks Signal processing for The Internet of Things
● Source localization, classification and tracking
● Synthetic aperture techniques
● Space-time adaptive processing
● Statistical modelling for sensor arrays
● Tensor signal processing
● Waveform diverse sensors and systems
Submission of Papers – Full-length papers with 4 pages of content and 1 extra page only for references should be electronically submitted.
Submission of Signal Processing Letters Papers – Authors of IEEE Signal Processing Letters (SPL) papers will be given the opportunity to present their work at SAM 2020, subject to space availability and approval by the Technical Program Chairs. SPL papers published between June 15, 2019 and February 15, 2020 are eligible for presentation at SAM 2020. Requests for presentation of SPL papers should be made by emailing the Technical Program Chairs and registrating in the EDAS Submission System before May 15, 2020. However, to take advantage of the advance registration rate ( April 15, 2020), please send your request by March 31, 2020. Decision will be made within two weeks of receiving the request. Approved requests for presentation must have one author/presenter registered for SAM 2020.
Special Session Proposals – They should be submitted by e-mail to the Technical Program Chairs and the Special Sessions Chair by September 15, 2019 and include a title, rationale, session outline, contact information and list of invited speakers. Please click here to download the proposal template.
Tutorial Proposals – They should be submitted by e-mail to the Technical Chairs (André L. F. De Almeida: email@example.com; Qian He: firstname.lastname@example.org) and the General Chairs (Zhiguo Shi: email@example.com; Martin Haardt: firstname.lastname@example.org) and include a title, rationale, outline of the content and contact information by December 15, 2019.
Special Session Proposals: September 15, 2019
Paper Submission Deadline:
January 5, 2020 January 12, 2020 (Firm Deadline)
Notification of Acceptance: March 20, 2020 (Delayed due to COVID-19)
Final Manuscript Submission Deadline: April 5, 2020
Early Registration Deadline: May 23, 2020
Video Upload Deadline: May 22, 2020